Excavation Competent Person Training
The Excavation Competent Person Training is an advanced program designed specifically to teach supervisor level workers who perform activities or safety procedures at a construction site that require design, inspection, or supervision by a competent person.
OSHA defines a competent person as someone that “by way of training or experience, is knowledgeable of applicable standards, is capable of identifying workplace hazards relating to the specific operation, and has the authority to correct them.” The excavation competent person training gives the authority and ability to take corrective actions to mitigate hazards quickly.
The one-day OSHA competent person excavation course covers the following:
- Introduction to Competent Person Excavations
- Competent person responsibilities
- Identify existing and predictable hazards in surroundings and working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees.
- students will receive the training required to become a competent person who will support compliance with OSHA regulations on the site
- Certification issued upon successful completion.
View our training calendar or call today for registration information.
For more information about our training courses, please fill out the form below and click SEND.