24-Hour Competent Person for Fall Protection (EM 385-1-1)
What is EM 385 fall protection competent person training?
EM 385 is the Engineer’s Manual released by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers outlining the health and safety standards you must follow when working on military projects. The three-day course EM 385 fall protection training instructs you on how to ensure the safest construction site possible and has been designed to comply with 29 CFR OSHA 1926, ANSI/ASSE Z359.2, and EM 385-1-1 regulations.
The EM 385 fall protection competent person training course covers the following:
- Develop skills to perform inspections, record keeping, preventive measures, fall protection systems, and fall protection equipment
- Learn the best ways to keep a site safe and compliant
- Interactive classroom portion and hands-on activities will allow students to apply their new knowledge
- Fall hazard surveys and fall protection procedures
- Responsibilities of Competent Persons
- Detailed inspection of equipment components and systems
The EM 385 fall protection training is valid for up to 12 months. Workers will be required to retake the EM 385 fall protection training every 12 months to keep their certificate. If the deadline is missed, employees may be required to complete the original training again.
View our training calendar or call today for registration information.
For more information about our training courses, please fill out the form below and click SEND.